I’m back with my baby in my home and I’m so grateful. These are some things I’m telling myself to do:
- Go slow. No. Slower than that. I’m talking a snail working at the dmv. You need time to understand what happened.
- Take stock. What’s working in your life? What do you want to change? For example, my mother-in-law is here and she greets my child in an overly cheery way when she’s upset. It works. Cuts down crying time. I’m definitely going to try that. Also I want to be more organized!
- Write out your medications if you have any changes somewhere where other people can see it to keep you on track.
- Let yourself accept help. Meals, babysitting, rides to appointments. Don’t feel guilty, feel grateful!
- Remember that you are not just your illness. Ease back into work and your hobbies by journaling about them and starting small — but remember they are there! You are so many things!
- Don’t stop taking your meds if you start to feel better and keep all doctor appointments.
- Write down any changes you’re feeling with your medication. Everything. Just Incase.
- Celebrate your healing. When I returned my husband and mother-in-law popped champagne (not that I could drink it😂) to celebrate my return home. That was so sweet and it made me really appreciate each comfort of home.
- Speaking of comfort — seek it out!!! Watch your fave shows, eat your fave (healthy) foods and listen to great music. You’ve been through a lot. You deserve comforting things!
- You also deserve peace. This might be one of those times in your life that you feel like making a change. Is it meditation? Yoga? Aromatherapy? Mantras? Journaling? All of the above?
Good luck! If you have more ideas please let me know!